Thursday, January 26, 2012

Set Default Zoom Level in Visio Web Access Web Part in SharePoint 2010

Here i got a problem of Visio Web Part (actually problem for me) It is changing zoom level to view maxim as possible. so in my requirement i want it to be 100 in default.

So i opened the page (That is having the Visio Web Part ) in SharePoint Designer and  search the word “Zoom” and it returned Web part configuration line as follows.

ViewSettings="{"pageIndex":0,"viewBounds":{"x":-97,"y":-44,"width":938,"height":775},"zoomValue":100}"

here you can see zoom level is specified. So i changed it to 100 and save it back.  

hooray…. It worked for me.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

SharePoint 2010 Developer Power Tools

spalm_spsf

The SharePoint Software Factory is a Visual Studio Extension helping SharePoint newbies, as well as experienced developers to create, manage and deploy SharePoint solutions without having to know every tiny XML and C# secret. SPSF provides a huge collection of helpful utilities for development, debugging and deployment of SharePoint standard artifacts and is fully compatible with SharePoint 2007/2010 and Visual Studio 2008/2010 (in any combination) ..

This is very powerful developer extension for visual studio. This is worth to try ..

http://spsf.codeplex.com/

Monday, January 23, 2012

The error "The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application"

This error happed when i tried to run MS access database application in windows 7. Then i found this is because of trying to run access drivers in 64 bit machine.

I downloaded following Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable and it worked for me.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=13255

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

JavaScript setAttribute method does not work in the SharePoint 2010

I used setAttribute method to changed the CSS class. (ex: item.setAttribute('”class”,”cssClass”)). but this method didn't worked for me. then i used className property  to set the css and it worked for me.

item.className = "active"; 

window.document.getElementById not working in the SharePoint 2010

recently i came across a problem with getElementById. I used this function in the master page in side a JavaScript but it returned  an error. I don't know why it happened and still finding the cause. however i used a alternative  method to archive this task.

var item = window.document.getElementsByName("tagName")[0];

This worked for me.